The placid lake lies in the heart of the capital city at a distance of 4.5 kilometres from the Ranchi railway station and 7 kilometers from the airport. It is near the Main Road of Ranchi, in the vicinity of the Marwari College for men.
It was excavated by Colonel Onsely, a British agent, in the year 1842. Enhancing its reticent charm is the majestic presence of the Ranchi Hill at its backdrop. The nearly one and half century old lake is located at the base of the hill. While withstanding the ravages of the changing city, it has however managed to retain its original charm. It is ideal for spending a couple of hours in solitude, while being in the midst of the city humdrums.
The site can be reached through auto and other public transport from the railway station.
Biodiversity Park, 18KM away from RanchiRead More
Birsa Biological ParkRead More
Nakshatra Van is a park created by the Jharkhand Forest Department in front ...Read More
Siddho Kano Park is situated in the city. It has been established to commem ...Read More